NOTE: As we are experiencing high volume, please use our patient portal for any appointment changes or cancelations, as well as TeleVisit requests. You can visit our page with instructions by clicking here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking the following precautions to protect our patients and staff: Effective May 11th, 2020 Potomac Urology Center will be seeing both urgent and a limited number of routine patient visits while maintaining social distancing principles to ensure safety of both staff and patients during the COVID crisis.
If you are or anyone in your home is experiencing signs or symptoms of a respiratory illness, or is running a fever, we ask that you reschedule your appointment, as we will not be able to see you in the office. Please note, if you are unable to be seen in the office, we will be able to offer a televisit instead.
- We are requesting that patients attend their appointments alone. Due to social distancing recommendations, and limited space in the office, additional visitors with the patient will be allowed only in extenuating circumstances. Family members or other visitors can be looped in via teleconference or conference call during the appointment as necessary.
- To limit patients in the waiting room and maintain social distancing, you may be asked to wait in your car after check-in, and receive a call or a text to return to the office when a patient room is available.
- Mask wearing/nose and mouth covering is required while in the office, to protect yourself and others.
- All patients and visitors will be subject to screening upon arrival and will be asked to reschedule if you are exhibiting respiratory symptoms or a fever upon arrival. Please feel free to reschedule any non-urgent appointment, or convert to a televisit.
Please feel free to contact our office using the following options:
- Log-in to Patient Portal (PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON USING THE PORTAL)
- By Phone: 703-680-2111
If you have an upcoming surgery, please stay in close contact with our surgery schedulers. Based on guidance by governor Northam, area hospitals are reopening for elective surgeries, with special procedures in place to maintain safety. A COVID test may be necessary prior to surgery, and the schedulers will be able to help you get this testing completed 72 hours prior to surgery. A surgery scheduler will guide you to make a new plan if your surgery is cancelled for any reason.
In order to assist our community with the burden to all healthcare facilities during this time, we ask that you contact our office FIRST for any URGENT urologic conditions prior to going to an Emergency Room or urgent care facilities. We may be able to offer an alternative to an acute care facility visit.
Our team at Potomac Urology Center appreciates the trust you place in us to care for your urologic needs. During this unprecedented time, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through the coming weeks. We can assure you that we will do our best to continue to deliver the best care possible for all our patients. We encourage you to stay informed, practice social distancing, and assist our communities in getting through this time as safely as possible.